Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Creative Pregnancy

I had no idea pregnancy could be such a creative time. Well, other than the obvious fact that I am making an entirely new human being, I didn't know it would spur me to do so much in other ways.

I am speaking, of course, of the fact that I have been writing and producing a lot on my blogs as well as books. I am very excited about two projects that I'm planning which relate to this blog in particular (Yay! Writing more about babies and prego ladies!). One is more of a humor/advice book and the other is going to be a pregnancy devotional which will tie my passion for spirituality and my pregnancy experience.

At the moment it seems like the only thing I can get done.

My midwife proscribed that I start drinking nettle tea in an effort to help with a variety of symptoms I've been suffering from (itchy/creepy crawling limbs, and pretty severe swelling). Unfortunately nettle tea has some side effects - one in particular that sets me on my ass.

Nettle tea is a sedative for some people (ahem, me! I'm starting to nod off as I type this - no joke!).

But it's also a diuretic.

Doesn't that sound like the most amazing mixture ever?!?! Yes. It makes you want to sleep and pee. So that's what I started experiencing yesterday. It makes working on more creative projects (like my fiction pieces) trying at best. As such I'm experimenting with when I should drink this crazy concoction.

In the mean time, writing about pregnancy is easy.

Also taking pictures of my swollen feet is easy.

I've discovered that my feet take impressions from whatever is pressing into them. Sometimes they hold these shapes for long periods of time. It's kind of gross, kind of funny, and ...yes, you guessed it! It kind of makes me want to start a sort of art project collecting the weird indentations. Either that, or at least document the weird shapes for science (or this blog). So the next time I notice my feet taking on a weird impression, I'll snap it and upload it here to share with you (more than you ever wanted to know about prego lady feet, right?)!

Well, it seems the nettle has gotten to me. Standing up is making me a little woozy. It appears it is nap time. Maybe I will just drink the tea at night. I get up a lot anyway...so it wouldn't make that much of a difference...

No comments:

Post a Comment