Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mini-update & Excitement

Despite everything, when I got my first registry gift in the mail today, I wasn't nervous. I wasn't scared. I wasn't wondering how things would work out.

I was excited.

I was so excited you can't imagine... But I was. I was imagining all the wonderful things I'll get to do with my kiddo.

I was dreaming of...
  • library trips
  • museum visits
  • beach days
  • exploring paint
  • hiding in boxes
  • banging pans
  • singing lullabies
  • fussy growth spurts
  • camping trips
  • block parties (with real blocks...the wooden kind)
  • bubbling laughs
  • wriggling diaper changes
  • sweet snuggles
...and more.

Yes the details are a little hazy (or a lot) but I know everything will be fine. Kiddo is healthy. I am healthy (Note: I hope you like my first swollen foot art piece which I'm calling "Fingerprint." My swelling is down a lot so I don't have many to share but I *did* promise...).

Ah yes. The world is full of wonderful things.

Fingerprint
Update: I told you Christian was going to apply to several places yesterday. All of them were interested in him enough to request his resume after the phone call. He has an interview this morning at one. The others have time restrictions (may be a week before they can interview, or a month before there is an opening). Still, we feel a lot more positively about everything. While none of these may be enough to keep us in the Bay long term (it will depend on numbers) they can at least keep us here through the birth, which means we won't have to worry about switching care givers etc. This is a huge relief. Now we cross our fingers, figure out our insurance situation, and see what the next step is after that.
I may have doubted God in the past, and felt like I was abandoned, but I have to say this whole experience is a lesson in faith and trust.  Maybe that was the lesson for me - or at least the first lesson. I have a feeling there's a lot more in store here, and I must admit I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment