Friday, August 9, 2013

Why I Think HypnoBabies is Awesome

As you might imagine, my blood pressure hasn't exactly been perfect for the the past few midwife appointments (Gee...I wonder how that could have happened?!).

My midwives were pretty excited that I was planning on using HypnoBabies, even though they haven't had a lot of experience with the program. Still they thought it would have positive benefits, especially in lowering my blood pressure, because of the nature of hypnosis and the relaxation practices imbedded in the program.

Well, I've been doing it for about a week. I don't know if my blood pressure has improved (my next appointment is on Monday). HOWEVER, I will say I am already appreciating the money I spent on the homestudy course.

The philosophy of HypnoBabies is one that involves positive language, positive imagery, and generally promoting the idea that pregnancy and birth are healthy and natural processes. These are things I can get behind. They are things that make sense to me. The regular 30+ minutes a day of relaxation and hypnotic suggestion already have begun to retrain my mind in how I think about the process of birth (and not just because of the renaming of certain things, like "contractions" are "pressure waves").

As a first time mom, before I was educated about childbirth and my options, I can honestly say I was frightened by the whole thing. There are a lot of scary ideas and images in the world - and unfortunately many of them are perpetuated by well-meaning friends and family. HypnoBabies really helps to reframe the process taking fear out of the equation, which is a good thing, because the result is it removes tension and allows birthing to progress the way it is meant to.  I've already found some of the discomfort from carrying a growing baby has lessened. I find myself focusing on positive images and ideas about birth more and more. I'm not worried about my birthing time. I trust it will go as it should and whatever discomfort or pressure sensations occur will be more than manageable.

And honestly, the calm and trust I feel I can directly connect to my time spent with HypnoBabies. And this is only the first week.

I don't know exactly what will happen with my birth. I can't know. All I do know is how I will react to it, and I trust my reaction to be positive, joyful, and relaxed. Because of my own limited experience with this program, I can genuinely recommend it to any and all pregnant women. If you follow the instructions and take the time to practice daily, I know it yields incredible benefits. It's definitely worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment