Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Taking Care of Business

This past weekend was incredibly productive. In fact, I think it was so productive that I ended up needing a few days to recover afterwards (the reason I've been slow to post this week). So as a recap of everything we got done:
  • We got an apartment washing machine. It will make a huge difference in cloth diapering and I'm super excited about it.
  • We put the car seat in the car. It's really intense, and I can't imagine why anyone would want a less robust seat.
  • I started the HypnoBabies homestudy course, which has already been incredibly useful in that it is very relaxing (and I'm sure helps lower my blood pressure).
  • We prepped our cloth diapers.
  • We set up our cosleeper and put away all the freshly laundered diapers and blankets in its storage area.
  • We got our DTaP vaccines (which I think was what caused me to slow down to a crawl the past couple days - thanks to my lowered immune system).
  • I went through various items around the apartment and organized others.
  • I packed a little more of our "go" bag - though I still need something that is sized for 0-3 months and isn't a pull over onsie (snaps or a zipper would be really useful at this point).
  • We mailed another batch of thank you cards.
  • I wiped down a play mat that was given to us, and miraculously found a place to store it until the baby can use it.
...and there's still so much left to do.  Despite this, both Christian and I feel a lot more prepared. We're almost excited. However I'd be lying if I said we weren't both feeling a little anxious about our impending new sleep schedule, along with all the other expected changes that come with having a newborn.

After all, kiddo's estimated due date is only 4.5 weeks away. That's not long at all, assuming he sticks to the schedule. I can hope that he'll be late, but there's no guarantees of anything. The daily discomforts of having an insanely large belly are starting to get to me. Still, I'd rather get a few things accomplished before kiddo arrives. Just thinking about the possibility of not getting everything done makes my shoulders tense. I guess I should try to recruit some helpers, but I don't know how I would delegate tasks, let alone select helpers. Not having family in the area makes the whole process a lot more difficult.

I hate having to say it again, but I feel like my mantra is "we'll just have to wait and see." I am not a patient person. Grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment