Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Best Kind of Support

First and foremost... 38 WEEKS TODAY! WOOHOO!

There are two things that have been running around in my mind that I wanted to mention.

One is that last week our church that we have only attended since late March, early April, threw us a baby shower. There were people there who gave us gifts that I hadn't seen before and still don't know their names. While this makes writing "Thank You" notes more than a little difficult (especially with a sketchy gift list), it was an amazing feeling. Through the last two months Christian and I have been anxiously trying to figure out all kinds of things relating to our situation and this act by this community reminded us in a very tangible way that we are loved and cared for. There are people looking out for us, and good things are still coming our way despite everything.

The second thing I wanted to share with you is the first in a series of three books that I'm planning on publishing about pregnancy. Uncertain Transformation isn't just a collection of poetry about my pregnancy, but also the difficult situation we've been going through this summer. It is a quick read (chapbook size) and any time you purchase it, the royalties are going directly to help make things happen for us. I really recommend it for people who have been or are pregnant as well as people going through difficult times. I think the poems really give voice to those feelings of anger, despair, hope, and joy that crisis situations create.

Thank you again to everyone who has helped us this summer (and continues to help us). You really have made a very scary time into a period filled with friendship, love, and hope. We couldn't be more blessed to have you all in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment