Saturday, May 3, 2014

SAHMs Need Adult Time

This week has been rough. I had the poop spectacular, horrible teething, clinginess, soaked sheets (another lovely thing!), and a whole lot of sleep deprivation. I think I also have a bit of a cold...or allergies? Whatever. It involves post-nasal drip and it's annoying as hell. Did I mention it's also HOT? Yeah. Loving that Cali heat right now.

I am convinced single parents are tetched ... or plum crazy.

Needless to say I'm in some serious need of adult time. Adult time is any time when kids are absent or you are doing adult things. Adult things range from getting your freak on (obviously) to watching a movie that has explosions, fighting, gore, swearing, or sexual situations. Even working out could be adult time if the kids aren't around vying for attention. Adult time also includes taking a leisurely shower or bath without any pressure to finish quickly.

I've gotten...a little adult time. I think I can count one shower and one movie (sort of - both were a little rushed). But today I'm sitting in Ellen's Pancake House waiting for a friend and guess what? No Kiddo. He's with his grandparents. My friend is running a little late. It's actually wonderful because I have time to write this without having to worry about Kiddo needing something. I even texted some friends I haven't talked to in ages.

I do however feel pressure from the waitstaff and other patrons....one waitress or another has come over to ask after me like five time. I want to tell them, "Don't you know I'm a stay at home mom and I had a crap week this week?! Give a girl a break!"

They probably don't care. It's fine. I'm good. I'm getting adult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment