Saturday, May 24, 2014

Bi-coastal Baby Travel

Well I have like 5 post lying in wait (thank phone blogging and teething babies!). Now I finally have an hour or so to get some stuff out there and this one is sort of important, because I may or may not have access to internet for the next week or so.

You see, I'm going on a plane.

With Kiddo.

To Pennsylvania.

This week.
This guy in a small metal tube flying through the air... oh boy!


Jelly? Yeah. I thought so.

I am so excited to get out of California and visit family that I made a check list WEEKS AGO of all the things I'll need to have packed in order for me to survive traveling with an almost 9 month old. Weeks ago. And then I read it off to my mother and husband on separate occasions to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I tried Kiddo on Cheerios so we could have baby plane food.

I'm not leaving until Monday, but yesterday I packed as much as I could to make sure I had enough space... and well, just to pack.

You see, this is a big trip. It's 5 hours just flying time, not to mention the check-ins, security lines, and gate wait. Add to that the drive down to LA and the drive from the Pittsburgh airport to my aunt's on the other end and it gets gnarly. To mitigate the waits and keep Kiddo comfy, we're going to stay in a hotel in LA and then start our journey across the continent the following day.

Like I said, exciting, but also... well. Kiddo is almost 9 months old. He's an active little guy. He's messy. He's excitable. He's talkative. When he's at all hungry or tired, he can be a real bear. This is not the kind of thing most people like on a plane. I'm hoping he'll be in a good mood, smiling and laughing the whole way.

Oh, and I also hope he poops on Monday - not Tuesday our flying day. Yeah. Pray for "No Poo Tues." Seriously. Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment