Sunday, April 6, 2014

Unexpected Symptoms: Pregnancy


my fav preggers pic
The second book in the Raising An Alien series is a natural extension of the discoveries I made during my pregnancy.

I couldn't believe how many symptoms, or strange manifestations of even common symptoms, were discussed so rarely or not at all. It amazed me especially considering how many ridiculous websites, magazines and books are out there about pregnancy.

You'd think they would have covered this stuff, but no.

Really. It's crazypants.

So instead of keeping these things to myself, or making them really difficult to find in a blog archive (of which I only included some of the unexpected symptoms, certainly not all) I decided I would compile them into a book, Unexpected Symptoms: Pregnancy. Some of the chapters draw on posts I made here, with significant (or not so significant) tweaks. Others are completely new.

The goal is to share my experience of these weird symptoms with other women who find themselves in similar situations. We shouldn't feel alone in these strange experiences and it's always reassuring to find that someone else has had the same or at least a similar experience.

It's not a long book, but it is informative with good chapter lengths for the busy or extremely exhausted pregnant lady. The goal is to have it published soon after the 52 Lists book either the last week in April or the first week in May (another mommy-to-be Mothers' Day gift perhaps???).

What were some of your unexpected pregnancy symptoms? Please share them below! I'd love to read some of your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment