Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Tool For New Parents: "52 Lists From Pregnant to Parent"

What do you really need?
I'm really excited about the first two books I'm publishing this year (you can read more about my publishing plan here) and I think you will too.
In an effort to give some advanced notice about the first one, I thought I'd post a little bit about it here.

One of the things I noticed when I was pregnant was the ridiculous amount of literature out there about pregnancy. There are a lot of books, articles, websites, and films about pregnancy but that made things even more difficult.

I found myself wading through things asking questions like: What should I bring to the birth center? What is normal at this point? What should I have in my diaper bag? What books should I buy? What should I know about after? Should I get any special furniture?

And everywhere I looked there were answers to the questions, if I could find them between the millions of lines of pointless text. In short, it was a nerve-wracking scavenger hunt.

And then it hit me; wouldn't it be wonderful if all these lists were in a single place? I would have bought that! So I put together my soon to be published book (the first Raising An Alien book) called 52 Lists from Pregnant to Parent. Some of them are there to help you laugh, others to help you get through the day. No matter what, I know both new and experienced moms (and dads and even grandparents!) will appreciate these lists in ONE PLACE easily checked on their ereader of choice.

This lovely jewel will be published by April 30 and is a great gift for moms-to-be (a little Mothers' Day gift anyone?), especially when paired with the second and or third book in the Raising An Alien collection (more to come on those soon!).

What things did you wish you'd known during pregnancy? What tools do you wish you'd had? Leave your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment