Monday, April 14, 2014

52 Lists to Prepare for Baby

I am sooo pleased to announce my newest addition to the Alexis Donkin library and the first book in the Raising An Alien collection, 52 Lists from Pregnant to Parent. It is available for pre-order and sample downloads NOW at Smashwords (and soon outlets like Amazon, Apple, and Barnes & Noble)! The book will be available for purchase on April 30 (which still gives you lots of time before Mothers' Day).

Okay, now that the obligatory salesy bit is out of the way, I can explain why I did this (again?). I really felt overwhelmed by all the information out in the world about pregnancy, birth, and new parenting. There's a lot of crap out there, and most of it doesn't get down to the nitty gritty.

People talk a lot about feeling or thinking about things, but rarely give practical advice - or if they do, it feels so far afield and foreign to real life, that it's actually impractical advice.

I can't stand it.

So I thought I would be very straightforward. I thought I would put together a resource library that was fun, easy, no-nonsense, and practical (based on the ridiculous reading I've done as well as a whole lot of anecdotal support). Women and families get the short end of the stick a lot of the time. Why not have some resources that make things easier and more fun? This is the first book to come out of that goal (with two very fast on its heels).

I haven't really promoted the book except for an earlier post (and this one). There were some issues with my first file that I uploaded to Smashwords but it was hanging out there for people to check out - quietly - and without any push, there have been some samples of the book. I may have hit on something. We'll see. But that really doesn't matter. If one person finds it helpful, I'll feel like I did a good thing. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment