Monday, November 18, 2013

Wonderful Teething

Well, kiddo has been exceptionally fussy the last few days. This seems to happen once a week, but really, it's another wonder week (or so I hear). So he could be about to have another mental leap, or he could just grow another two inches in a night. One is documented and the other seems just as likely.

That may be what's going on, but there is also the whole gum thing. Yes. That.

Kiddo has started gumming everything in sight. He wants to chew on everything. He's batting at his face constantly and he fusses until he gets something to chew. Oh, and the drool is rivaling a livestock guard dog's.

Yes it would appear kiddo is teething.

I've read that teething can happen up to four weeks before the teeth actually sprout. He is about three months in, and teeth can pop up around four months. I'm not looking forward to that.

Kiddo seems to be very interested in adult food. He looks longingly at us eating our food as though he'd ready for the big stuff. I'd rather he keep breastfeeding exclusively until he's 12 months old. Then he can start on solids. That's what I want, assuming he doesn't decide to bite my nipples off with his new mouthful of teeth, which is the other thing I'm concerned about. But it doesn't really matter.

In the end, I'm just going to have to deal with whatever happens - solid food and teeth - sooner or later. I can hope for later though. Hope. Later. Crossies.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Use that mesh feeding bag I sent - a Godsend! Freeze all manner of fruit: grapes, watermelon, blueberries (though banana doesn't work well)..Put them I the bag, and voila! - fussiness over! And Baby Tylenol ain't bad, either.. (And they seem, after an initial accidental chomp, to know instinctively they can't bite yer nips off, when the teeth come..;))

    ReplyDelete