Monday, November 4, 2013

10 Weird Things You Miss From Before Parenthood

There are things about being a parent that I knew would be hard, but I didn't expect the things I would miss, some of them strange.

Yes I miss my low waist/hip ratio. Yes I miss sleep. I also miss being able to write whenever I want to...but here are some of the weirder things I miss:

1. Being able to cut my toenails regularly. I'm serious.
2. Being able to have my hair down without worrying about it getting pulled.
3. Wearing low cut dresses - they don't really make plunge cut nursing bras for girls my shape. Those things are unicorns.
4. Spontaneous solo napping. Who knew?
5. The freedom to only do one thing at a time. Ha! *Never again!*
6. Non-leaky boobs - what a completely awkward thing to soak through your shirt!
7. My less flabby belly...I was self conscious about my midsection before, but now is something completely different.
8. Consistent quiet - my days are now divided into crying times and quiet times. It would be nice to have more quiet.
9. The freedom to do whatever whenever...like laundry or shower.
10. Wasting time. Really. That is a complete single/couple life luxury.

Some of these were sort of expected, but for the most part I didn't understand how having a baby would impact my day to day. I didn't realize I'd have to use every scrap of time to its fullest if I wanted to get anything done. I didn't realize kiddo would require my full attention so regularly. These are things mothers talk about, but I didn't believe them.

And now I have long toe nails.

What are the things you miss from before kids? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment