Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Last Straw or An Opening Door?

I thought last week was the end - the straw to break the camel's back. Our tire blew and I couldn't handle the way our problems were being handled (or not as the case may be).

Then something strange happened.

My sister-in-law recently began working for a life coach. As such, she invited me to watch a few of the woman's videos. While some of the things were fluff orthe same old self-development stuff, she said a few things that spoke to me.

I realized I can't pin my happiness on other people. I can't keep playing the victim in life. I can't wait for someone else to give me what I want. I need to take responsibility for my life.

I used to do that more, before I got married. I guess I bought into some stupid cultural thing and expected my husband to give me everything rather than getting it myself. It was a recipe for disappointment. So I'm going to refocus my efforts. This seems to be the best route to happiness, and success.

So even though we currently have no income and are living off the kindness of strangers, I believe this will be shortlived. I believe this because so many other factors seems to be coming into play. There are forces at work that I don't completely understand. All I know is they are for my good. And I'll take that.

No comments:

Post a Comment