Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Kiddo's First Christmas Bear


"Hug Me Hugo" by Gund

My grandmother gave kiddo a BUNCH of gifts, and they were all very sweet (those that weren't wrapped that I've seen so far, though I'm sure the wrapped ones are great too.). That said, there was one present that kiddo absolutely ADORES! He loves his first Christmas Bear,
Gund Hug Me Hugo Animated 15" Plush.

Now I'll be honest. I promised myself NO music playing or talking toys...BUT I can't deny that kiddo absolutely loves this toy.

Because kiddo is so incredibly verbal even at 3 1/2 months, the fact that Hugo speaks (and his mouth moves when he does) wins over kiddo. Not only does he smile when Hugo is speaking, but he gets very concerned when Hugo is visible but out of reach. He ALSO tries to talk to Hugo when the bear talks. He's gotten so used to Hugo speaking, kiddo now speaks to his other stuffed creatures.

And luckily the phrases this bear says (and the voice) don't bother me nearly as much as I thought they might.

The moral of this story is, don't judge a toy by it's recorded sounds. It might be one of the best Christmas presents of the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment