Saturday, December 21, 2013

Super Baby Talk and Other Advanced Milestones

Remember how I said my alien kiddo is a super baby? Yeah. It keeps coming.

Last week he started repeating the word "Hi." Before that he was imitating the word "Hello" as well as his gummy mouth could say it. Last night he started adding "How are you?" and "I love you."

I have witnesses. I'm perfectly serious about this.

Is your jaw on the floor? Because mine was.

Obviously kiddo doesn't understand the meaning behind all these words he's imitating, but his verbal brain has clearly passed into overdrive. He talks ALL the time (Is this the result of two minister grandparents? I canna say!). He also appears to attempt singing.

We already know he likes music (He watched The Voice and The Sing-Off as avidly as any fan - and cries when it goes back to talking!). He's recently begun to "talk" while people are singing, and stops when the music stops. It's adorable!

Can I just remind everyone this kid is only 15 weeks old? That's CRAZYPANTS!

In other news, kiddo is: holding his hands together, passing things from one hand to the other, rolling over and back again (with effort), sitting up supported by his hands, bearing weight on his feet (held securely by Mom in her lap), grasping toys easily (and bringing them to his mouth), and even rolling his ball back and forth!

All of this is REALLY exciting for many, many reasons! I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about kiddo's development at all, except to keep up with it (which is a challenge I will gladly take!).

Has your baby wowed you with their development? Leave a comment below! I'd love to read your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment