Wednesday, December 11, 2013

One Buff Mommy

Maybe moms with kids in the fifth percentile can't say this -I don't know -  but having a baby makes you buff. Well, having my baby makes me buff. Specifically, carrying my baby or just making sure he doesn't wriggle off my lap makes me buff.

Holy Toledo does kiddo put me through the paces!

Kiddo, you see,  needs to be held - like all the time. He is a cuddle bug. He doesn't need to be held by me all the time (sometimes he wants Daddy or his grandparents) but he does want to be held. You see, he wants to participate in the conversation - be a part of the action. He also likes to move like all the time. It's kind of like having a mixture between a Shake Weight and kettlebell workout. Oh and let's not forget he's not getting any lighter.

I've read babies slow their growth at 6 months. Then again they slow down around 12. Seeing as kiddo is sporting 9 month clothes at this point I'm looking forward to the slow down (Incidentally, if you were thinking of gifting us new or gently used pieces, please only 12 months and up - and of the longer torso variety!).

I mean, he's got socks with non-skid pads on the soles! He can't even crawl!

Anyway the result is mom's arms are more buff than ever. I have an indent when my bicep contracts that is more noticeable (at least to me) than ever before. My legs are boasting significantly more muscle. All this is very exciting because it means my metabolism is speeding up and therefore that extra baby weight (etc) is disappearing.

I'm guessing that when kiddo goes mobile I'll go through my own transformation as I end up chasing him around everywhere. I'm crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment