Thursday, January 9, 2014

Writing Classes for Moms!

I am sooo excited about my new project and I hope you will be too. I'm starting some writing classes for Santa Barbara County moms in different stages of their motherhood journey.

You can check out the different classes/focuses and some of the details on my class page (click the button above!). They are a rare thing, these parental writing classes, but I know for the students who choose to participate, they will have an enriching and wonderful experience. Women will get "me time," as well as a way to connect to other mothers. They'll have a safe, non-judgmental, and confidential space in which to express themselves about their experiences of different aspects motherhood.

As for the benefits to me, I get to combine three things I love: writing, teaching, and kiddo (well, babies in general!). Plus, I'll be able to be a mom without too much trouble - some of the classes I'll be able to have kiddo with me. It really is the perfect solution and I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner!

I have the overall themes for the classes determined (as you can tell from the info page). I'm also researching locations for the classes (I have a few different ideas and I'll choose the one that makes the most sense for the class goals and needs.). Once I have locations set, I'll determine times. As this is happening, I'm going to firm up the class plans and number of sessions. Thus far, two of the classes have a specific number of sessions, while the other two will be determined once I have confirmed class plans etc.

Then I'll need to start contacting different organizations, print out fliers, put up ads etc about the classes to connect to potential students. I know there will be interest.

I know this is going to be a great thing for everyone involved and I just can't wait to get started. It really is the perfect thing for me, and I know it will be great for the participants as well.

If you know people who would be interested in participating in these classes, please have them contact me through the contact form (click button above) or Twitter (@alexisdonkin).

No comments:

Post a Comment