Monday, March 30, 2015

Simple Joys

 Because my kid is such an outside kind of guy, I thought I would share with you some of his best moments. Being a toddler, especially in the last few weeks, has been a mixed blessing. I say mixed because on the one hand, it is stressful as hell with the insane temper tantrums. On the other hand, it involves simple joys, like raising arms in the air to feel the wind, chasing a ball across a playground, or running around a tree...over, and over, and over, and over again.

New favorite sport!
As an adult I forgot some of these things. It feels like it wasn't that long ago that I used to do the same things - that I raised my hands in the air to enjoy the wind rushing past my skin - nature's kiss. But when I think about it, it was a long time ago. Maybe seventeen or more years since I did this with the kind of wanton abandon of Kiddo. And that makes me sad that I missed all those simple joys, but it also makes me happy...because I get to experience them again with him. So along those lines, here are some photos of Kiddo amid those simple joys. Hopefully they jog your memory too.

The only puddle in California...and he sat in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment