Saturday, July 26, 2014

Postpartum Weight Loss: The Next Steps

45 pounds. Since the last day of pregnancy that is how much I've lost.

It isn't as fast as it could have been. I still have further to go to reach my goal weight. Still...the fat I gained from pregnancy is gone and muscle has officially taken up residency.

I'm proud of the change because it isn't just the disappearing fat and increasing muscle. It's also lifestyle changes. I feel wrong when I miss a workout. I feel icky when I indulge a little too much on a weekend. It doesn't have to do with guilt either - it has to do with where I am in relation to my goals, my mood, and my energy.

Plain and simple: when I eat well and workout, I feel better.

This is exactly what I wanted and continue to want for myself. I want to model this behavior for Kiddo. I want him to be excited about good foods and physical activity. Sure, I have my cheating moments. I'm not perfect and I know I need to indulge a little every now and then...but I never go completely off track.

This week I started T25 and I have to say I was psyched. The beginning of the week felt easy, mostly because I just finished Jillian Michaels' sado-masochistic Body Revolution. Then I started pushing myself harder and today my double workout was tougher. My muscles are pleasantly sore from yesterday's session and I couldn't be happier.

My plan is to be more on board with the nutrition plan with this program. Because Kiddo nurses less, I feel more comfortable doing that. I think the slowness of my weight loss has a lot to do with my nutrition more than my activity. With that change, I feel confident I can reach my goal. If I hunker down and drop at least 35 pounds of fat and increase my lean muscle, I will be quite happy (I do have it to lose, believe me!). That will put me at my goal.
How long do I have? I'm giving myself until Christmas (though it may happen before then). If I reach it my plan is to buy a Betty Page dress, a bathing suit, and a pair of shorts.

And they will be perfect. I mean perfect.

I think that is a great way to start off 2015, don't you?

What has been your mommy weight loss journey? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment