Saturday, November 22, 2014

Delightful Moments

It's been a crazy few weeks. With everything going on, it can get a bit difficult to make time for some of the things that need to get done. It can be difficult to be present in the moment when my mind wants to do a million and one other things.

I am getting better though.

Things I am noticing and enjoying these days are:

1. Kiddo's facial expressions. He rolls his eyes. He does a Stevie Wonder impression. He smirks.
2. Playing chase, catch (sort of), and dodge ball.
3. Dancing. Kiddo sways and bops...not at the same time.
4. Echoing melody lines. He'll sing something, I repeat or the opposite.
5. Cuddles. An oldie but a goodie.
6. Short sentences. I get. I go. I do it.
7. Requests. Uh (up), whimpers for another song verse, nursing, naps, walks, and books.
8. New discoveries.
9. Delight in life...all the time.
10. Sleep...of course.

There are others, but these are the things I'm keeping close to my heart. These are my memory treasures and daily delights. I rest in them. Parents all have and need them. They make life so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment