Monday, June 2, 2014

The Nice Problems of Postpartum Weightloss

I promised myself I'd be in the best shape of my life thus far by this December (I've got a lot of goals coming due this December). This makes my postpartum fitness plan pretty important.

I don't have my exact measurements but I do remember I lost another couple pounds and an inch off my jelly belly, an inch off my hips, and another inch off my chest. Needless to say, I have some noticeable results.

Remember I'm doing the Body Revolution workout regime without the diet. I have had to modify the exercises for my wrists and knees which have had issues in the past. While I'm trying to eat clean, I'm not significantly cutting my calories. I am however logging my food and exercise.

So with all of those modifications...I still lost a little weight. But weight isn't really the measurement of concern. Inches are a bigger deal. They're a bigger deal because my underwear has started falling off. My bras don't fit as well. My pants and skirts are falling off. It's actually inconvenient. It's inconvenient because while I have some smaller clothes, but not as many as I'd like. And then again the smaller clothes are not nursing friendly which is another issue altogether.

Jeans are my new best friend (Even if they are kind of baggy, it's more that dungaree boyfriend jean look hollering back to the late 90s - oh high school!). Belts would be a second bff if my shirts and dresses had nursing options at the neckline (which when you're well endowed is a huge no-no...heh!). When I don't have to nurse, I'm all about belts and sashes.

It's hard because I'm in an in between shape and size. I don't want to update my wardrobe, but I also don't want to look like I'm a bag lady. I don't feel skinnier, but I am. My brain has to catch up with my body...and my body is continuing to march on ahead to its new incarnation (woot woot!).

Anyone who has lost significant weight can appreciate these problems. They're nice problems to have. But that doesn't change the fact that they're annoying. Until my body's done transforming, I guess I'll just have to close my eyes, belt my shirts, and keep pumping iron.

What have been your challenges in postpartum weight loss/fitness? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment